Gengo is a Tokyo- and California-based startup making translation simple and removing the language barrier for customers as they go global. Our customers order human translation online via our web site, API or our enterprise Project Management team. Clients include Facebook, TripAdvisor, NYT, Buzzfeed and hundreds of other globally-minded businesses. We provide translation in over 35 language pairs via our growing network of nearly 20,000 translators worldwide.
Please note that a Japanese working visa is required for all non Japanese nationals.
Design Web-based interfaces and applications considering all aspects of user experience, such as the target customers, the goal of the interface and the expected “user workflow”.
The job consist in designing interface elements like buttons and dropdown lists and navigation components such as search fields and tags as well as informational items like user response messages and progress bars. The job also includes evaluating and improving current user experience.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Experience in designing and iterating on web apps
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Quantitative and user behavior analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign skills
- Passion for creating experiences in online environments
- Ability in creating working user interactions prototypes
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process